dumb newbie question on documentation

Badge +1
I'm sure this is an obvious question but I'm getting stuck on it. I'm trying to write my .net form (not infopath not smartform) and upload my files, via an xml field, to the workflow.

Where do I find documentation on this sourcecode.K2SPUtilities ? I can't find it in the chm's or on the forum. Found a few loose hits on a kb but nothing like a full description and/or code samples.

My biggest problem in K2 so far has simply been finding information on things.

Sincere thanks for any clues.

2 replies

Badge +11
Hi WorkerDrone,

Sorry to dissapoint but the K2SPUtilities assembly is meant for internal use only. We do not provide documentation on- or support for this assembly nor do we guarantee compatibility of this assembly from one version to the next. For this reason, we do not recommend use of this assembly.

The only supported and documented assemblies are the K2ROM, K2Mng and K2Studio object models.

In your case, you'll need to use the K2ROM object model to upload your xml field to the workflow.

Please keep in mind that K2.net is not a document management system but rather a workflow engine. If the attachments become bigger than say 2 - 3MB, I would recommend storing the attachments elsewhere and only store a link to the attachments in the workflow process itself.

Best regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
ha, that does help indeed.
As always, thank you very much