Infopath K2 process data fields

• 23 June 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to get the data fields created for a process in infopath?

e.g. I have created some data fields for a process, where I can store temporary data during the process. I want to retrieve them in Infopath. Is there any method that can access these fields?

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Badge +9

I would think that you would normally do either of the following:

1. Store the data in the XML form.  This get synced to the process XML field.
  2. Stored the data in SmartObjects.  You can access it from the InfoPath form and Process.

Does that make sense?

Badge +3

I understand your second approch, but I don't find it very nice, since you have to create a smartobeject, juste to store some temporary data.

It's something more the first one I want to do, I guess. Let me see if I understand.

1. You create a XML field data for the process.

2. You store some data in this field during your process.

Now, I want to use the data in this field into one of my Infopath form. How can I retrieve it? Is there any method that I can integrate to the form? or in which database should I connect in order to get it?

Thanks

Badge +11
When you use the InfoPath integration wizard, it automatically creates an XML data field to contain the form's XML.  You can read the values that were entered into the form by reading the correct element in the XML.  You can set form field values just by putting the value in the correct XML element.
Badge +3

I see what you mean. Thanks