cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get custom field from Flexi Task Edit Task Form

Hi,

I edit the Task form in the Assign Flexi Task module. I added a Completion Datepicker to allow the user to add a date. How do I get the date when the workflow is executed? In the "Store Outcome In" I was able to retrieve the picked choice from the list but how do I retrieve the custom date value?

Thanks and much appreciated.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to get custom field from Flexi Task Edit Task Form

Hello,

If I understand the question correctly, one way to do this would be to simply create a Date/Time column in the backing list (assuming this is a list workflow).  Then on the task form's form designer, select the date control, and connect it to that field that you created in the list.   Now within the workflow you will be able to access that item property variable and get its value.

Please let me know if that answered the question.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

I'm confused about yout question.

If you want to get a value from the list, it depends at what point you want to get the list value in the workflow. If you want to get it in the flexi-task and have it in the email you can use 'Insert Reference' in the Task Notification tab and use 'Item Properties' to find the field.

If you don't need it in the flexi-task, create a workflow variable. You can then later do a 'Set Variable' action to the list field. Refer to that workflow variable anywhere in the workflow.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

HI,

I tried going to the Flexi Task form but could not find a way to set the date field from the new list date column.

I got a new date column in my list item.  I got the the Flexi Task "Edit Task Form" option to add the date picker control to the response form. When I go to the InfoPath form, I add a row and click on the Date Picker control and don't see the List date column field. I went to the Field panel and click on  "Show Advanced View". I don't see the list date column. It just allows to create a new date field which I am not sure how to retrieve in the workflow. Any help is appreaciated.

0 Kudos