Can people access an old item in a list and retrofit into a new form by changing date

• 26 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I have a nintex form built for a share point list .

Is it possible to change date(or other fields) on an item already completed and save as new item .

Like people access an old item and retrofit into a new form by changing date (many of the fields in the from remain same)

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

I'm not sure I understood the scenario. I understood you have a Nintex Form on a list that already has items. Now when opening an existing item and modifying values you don't want the original item to be updated but instead have a copy of the item in the same list. Is that correct? If that's the case the form will not help you with this. SharePoint only knows "new", "edit" and "view" operations but not "save a copy".

For scenarios like this you could work with two lists and create items in the second list by using a workflow.

If I understood you wrong it might be helpful to describe your scenario a bit deeper and give some screenshots.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

You understood the scenario exactly as intended..

But i remember in info-path, share point library submit options, you can specify the filename , and we change filename while editing it is saved as new item .

I was wondering something like that available in Nintex 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm,

I never tried this but I can hardly imagine this will work like in infopath. In Infopath every item was basically a file (a form.xml) but in SharePoint you create items or at least list items for a file in a document library.

What I found is this:  

Maybe this helps a bit?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

I was able to copy  using a button in the form to start another workflow .

Then using workflow action ' copy item '