cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get URL to a review task?

I have a list which has NW2010 workflows bound to it, those workflows being used to generate Flexi-Tasks to get reviewers to give their approve or reject.

What I want to do is provide a "Review Task" link in the original list, as a column. Reason is, the reviewers want to see a view of the list itself, and not a separate task list.

There is only one approver at a time, so I should only have only one task generated for each Flexi-Task. So I'm assuming I won't have to deal with the "each reviewer is a separate task" problem.

Looking at the Flexi-Task configruation, I do see the "Store task IDs in" option, and know the results go into a collection. What I don't see, though, is how to take that information and query for the URL.

How would I go about achieving this?

Labels: (2)
Tags (3)
3 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to get URL to a review task?

Depending on your format, but you should be able to grab the web url and add "/WorkflowTasks/EditForm.aspx?ID=" variable storing your task ID"  

This will return the edit form of the task at that ID.  You can then set a feild equal to that.  Just know that the ID is not set until the item is saved.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

That works. Only thing I had to do was add /Lists/ to your fine URL example, e.g. "/Lists/WorkflowTasks/EditForm.aspx?ID="

Most excellent, I thank you.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad you were able to figure that out.  I was assuming you were already grabbing the list

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply