Can I import the lookup list in Nintex forms?

• 18 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

My goal is to essentially create a VLookup function. The best I can find is to create a new list for each column and link each one back to the first. In the example below, when someone enters the state, it will autopopulate the store, top and least sold item. So I have to create 4 lists. State, then State linked to Store etc. The issue is there are hundreds of stores, so having to link each store to a state and then link each items sold to each store will take forever. 1st question. Is this the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do? If so, is there a way to just upload all the stores instead of linking each one?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you post an example of what you'd like to achieve?

I've several doubts about your target...

eg.

when someone enters the state, it will autopopulate the store

if there are several stores within the state, what is/are the criteria which store should be autopopulated?

does it really have to be autopopulated, or you just need to restrict list of possible stores by the state selected?

when someone enters the state, it will autopopulate the store, top and least sold item

are the top & least bound to the store or to the state?

how do you store sold items? do you save each and every sold item somewhere (list?) and expect the form ("vlookup") makes an aggregate per state/store/item or do you already have stored top & least aggregates at requested granularity level?

so having to link each store to a state and then link each items sold to each store will take forever

I'd assume you should already have a structure that links sold items to store and/or state. could you post a sample how does your current setup looks like?

Badge +3

I was able to figure it out. I used quick edit and was able to copy and paste both the original and the lookup column.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so is your problem resolved?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

it did sound to me like your issue was the amount of data you were going to have build, but without those relationships in place it wouldn't work. Glad you found quick edit to build your data easily.

Badge +3

yes. thank you