cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to find the minimum number out of set of columns of a item either with Nintex forms or Nintex workflows

Hi All,

The question looks really simple, all I want to do is find the minimum number out of the 3 column values of a list item. Let me know if there is a way to achieve this either with Nintex workflow or Nintex forms.

Regards

BK

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to find the minimum number out of set of columns of a item either with Nintex forms or Nintex workflows

Does this need to occur after the item is created? Or before the item is created an on the form? What do you want to do with this information?

If the item exists, and a workflow starts, then it can determine the smallest number of the 3 columns and email the user doing the following

1. (there probably is a math operation to do this too, otherwise) use Set a Condition action, If Column A is less than Column B then step 2, if not then step 4
  2. have another set a condition, If Column A is less than Column C then step 3, if not step 6
  3. Send email that Column A is least
  4. If Column B is less than Column C then step 5, if not step 7
  5. Send email that column B is least
  6. Send email that Column C is least
  7. Send email that Column C is least

You can do what ever you want instead of send email, maybe update a 4th column with the result. I'll see if there is an easier math operation, but this seemed like a quick answer.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: How to find the minimum number out of set of columns of a item either with Nintex forms or Nintex workflows

Does this help?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply