cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to filter a look up column in nintex forms

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a list with two columns "Title"(single line column) and User(user column). I have created another list and add a look up column of "Title" from first list.

Now what I want is, I would like to filter the look up column values in second list, based on the User column from first list and the current logged in user. How can I achieve this in Nintex forms?

Thanks in advance,

Sri.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to filter a look up column in nintex forms

Jump to solution

have you looked at this resource?

Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes Cassy. But this is not my requirement. I would like to do filtering in second list based on a column in the first list itself. Any idea on how to achieve this?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

could you use an expression to calculate this using the lookup function in the form to get the corresponding person and use that in your filter?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried using lookup function, but no luck.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

if I understood your requirements correctly, I, just like Cassy above, think cascading drop downs concept perfectly fits to your case.

I tried to built it on my own and it works as (I think is) expected.

1. I've cretad a list L1 with title and user fields

2. then I created a list L2 with lookup column to list L1 over title field

3. next I populated list L1 with 3 items for 2 different user accounts

4. similarly I populated list L2, but just with 2 items

5.  then I built a form on list L2 where I placed one lookup control to select all the titles from list L1 filtered by current user

6. next I placed another lookup control (cascaded from previous one) that lists all the values in column title_from_L1 (ie. lookup field to L1 list) filtered by values of L1_lookup above.

7. since values of above lookups are tight by the lookup relation, they show just the same values.

so as a proof check I defined one more column to the list L2 named 'dummy' a placed it on the form as well

8. finally test of the functionality. I loogged in as user testovac1

1st lookup is correctly filtered by current user

2nd lookup is correctly filtered by 1st lookup

and 3rd one just proves everthing works correctly.

so you might want to dig deeper to the cascading dropdowns and I believe you'll find a way how to implement your form

‌ multilevel‌ multiple levels‌

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I have used the cascading dropdown principle mentioned in the other replies and this is I think what you need.

In my implementation i have three lists with lookups between them that power a three tier tagging structure in a document library. The cascading dropdown ensures the user selects only the fields that are relevant to the previous tier of choices. Never done it with user names but the principle is the same.

Nice explanation above by the way Marian, thanks

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you so much Marian... It is working as I expected.

Sri

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That's great to hear, Srividhya Jeeva​. Can you click the "correct answer" button beneath the post that did the trick? It's helpful for others in the community when they search for correct answers to similar questions.  Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can you please post here details of configuration logic , Please

0 Kudos