cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hellouniverse
Nintex Newbie

How to ensure validation inside a repeating row field that depends on another field on that row?

Hi

I have a repeating row. In that I have several input fields. Let's call two of these input fields inputA and inputB. inputA can only take in number. And input B is a free text box. 

I need to make sure that if inputA value is greater than zero, then inputB is filled up otherwise it triggers a validation letting user know which row inputB is not filled up.

How to do this validation?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to ensure validation inside a repeating row field that depends on another field on that row?

write a validation rule and assign it to one of controls

formula would look like

InputANamedControl > 0 && IsNullOrEmpty(InputBNamedControl)
0 Kudos
hellouniverse
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to ensure validation inside a repeating row field that depends on another field on that row?

This does not really work. It does validate initially. However, it fails to validate subsequently.

For example, if I have two repeating rows and the named controls are InputANamedControl & InputBNamedControl.

If I have for row1, both these invalid. Then, it picks up the validation. Now, I fix one of the invalid and press submit. Rather than showing the invalid message, it ends up submitting with the list having empty for that field. :"(

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

I'm affraid you might have something misconfigured

it should normally work

could you post some screenshots how does your design look like and what you experience at runtime?

as well what form platform and version are you on.

0 Kudos