In the Eidt form how to autp populate the current user in the people field

• 30 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

In the new form i am populating the current user as a default value like that how to populate the current user in the edit form as well

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Bharathi,

I've just tested this with Nintex Forms 2013 (v2.9.0.0) and if you set the default value and save the item, when you open the item to edit, the value was saved with the item.

Are you not seeing this?  If not, I'd recommend you upgrade Nintex Forms to the latest version.

Also, are you able to reproduce this with a simple form and then export and share it here?

Vadim

Badge +6

when i create a item it taking the default value as my name but in the edit item when other person is editing the item it has to display his  the name of the current username .Is any script i have to use for this.

Badge +11

Hi Bharathi,

i've done this before using the SPServices JQuery Library. This makes it very easy for you to query information about the current user in your forms javascript and use the received information  to write it back to your form.

SPServices on codeplex: jQuery Library for SharePoint Web Services - Home

SPServices Documentation for SPGetCurrentUser: jQuery Library for SharePoint Web Services - Documentation

Greetings

Philipp