cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to dynamically update the list items of Nintex forms when a new list item is created in the sharepoint list

Jump to solution

How to dynamically update the list items in Nintex forms when a new list item is created in the sharepoint list.

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to dynamically update the list items of Nintex forms when a new list item is created in the sharepoint list

Jump to solution

If you are talking about the Nintex Forms control named "List View" , currently you have not the chance to refresh it once it was rendered. You only will see the updated items, every time a new form is rendered.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: How to dynamically update the list items of Nintex forms when a new list item is created in the sharepoint list

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying.

Ok let me put it more clear.

I created a list with 10 columns. Then when I click customize with Nintex form under list tab I can see all 10 columns appear in the Nintex form.After that, I did some changes to the form (mainly moving fields to fit my requirement), then saved and published the form.I could enter new values in the Nintex form and created a new list item.

Later  I added 2 more columns to same list but when I open with Nintex forms or click customize with Nintex forms those 2 newly added columns doesnt appear in th form.

So I need to press a button as menitioned in this imageresetbutton.png to get the update of 2 new columns in the form.

By doing this I lost all layout changes like moving textboxes , label boxes to fit my UI requirements.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello,

What you are going to want to do is after adding new columns to your backing list, simply drag n' drop the controls that you want to use to input data into the new columns from the "General" tab, then click on the new controls and use the "Connected To" field to connect them to their respective columns in the list.    For example, if you added a new column in your list called "City" you could then open the Nintex Form, drag a textbox onto the form, click on the textbox, and in the "Connected To" configuration field, select the "City" column.   Now when you publish the form and fill it out the data you enter into the City Text box will persist to your list.

As you add new columns they won't automatically appear on your form so as to not interfere with your current design.   If you notice on the designer there is also a "List columns" tab, which Nintex does automatically connect a control to a list column, so that you could simply drag this onto the form and it would already be connected as well.

Thanks

Mike

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Mike I got it.