Forms Calculated Value: Cannot configure Client ID JavaScript variable name

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Folks,

I am configuring a "Calculated Value" form control and am having some trouble. In the Advanced section, I set the "Store Client ID in JavaScript variable" setting to "Yes". Now the "Client ID JavaScript variable name" input box is exposed. When I try to click into it to input a variable name, I am unable to access the input box. Is there a setting in Central administration that would cause this behavior? Has anyone ever run into this?

190511_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

UPDATE: I created a dummy form and added all of my available controls to it to see if I had the same issue on all controls. The results were interesting:

No=Cannot Input Client ID JavaScript variable name, Yes=Can Input Client ID JavaScript variable name, N/A=Option not available on this control.

Border: N/A
Button: N/A
Calculated Value: No
Choice: No
Date/Time: No
Geolocation: N/A
Hyperlink: Yes
Image: N/A
Label: N/A
Multi Line Textbox: No
Page Break Guide: N/A
Page Viewer: N/A
Rich Text: N/A
Single Line Textbox: Yes
Sql Request: No
Web Request: No
Yes/No: Yes
Attachments Control: N/A

11 replies

Badge +11

Hi Patrick,

this is an individual problem. I tested all controls you mentioned and can provide a js variable name for all of them.

Tested on SP2013 onPrem with Nintex Forms v2.9.2.20

Any errors in the browser console? Have you tried to turn it off and on again (Nintex Features, if that doesn't help Nintex Solutions)?

Cheers

Philipp

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Patrick,

What  browser are you using?   I've noticed varying degrees of success on carrying out operations depending on the flavor of  the day browser.

Thanks,
Mike

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Mike,

I use IE 11 (v.11.0.9600.18426CO)

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the response. I think rather than an individual problem this is a farm problem. I have access to a lab environment with a training vendor and I can configure these just fine. On my corporate enterprise production environment, they cannot be configured. Same browser also.

I have had one of our IDE admins (Eudoro Espinoza) test this out and he has the same issue with the same controls. This issue exists on our dev/QA environments also.

Just cannot understand why they are giving us issues on our production environment. We have a ticket in with support but they have not responded yet. Was hoping to hear that someone else had this issue and found a resolution.

"...turn on-off again..." We are in the process of resetting our environment and Nintex is being redeployed. Will let you know if this resolves the issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Patrick,

Is the site added to compatibility view settings in  IE?   If so, remove it.    Recently, in the newest version of Nintex, I have found several features stop working when the site was listed under compatible sites, and removing them fixed the issue with the designer.   This might explain why the same browser acts different for different sites.    Its probably a long shot but  worth one no doubt.

Mike

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Mike,

I just checked and my production environment was NOT listed but the TekDog lab environment IS listed. I went ahead and added my domain to the compatibility view to see if that was the difference.

Thanks,

Patrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sounds good, let me know the results.  Like I said, I had success when I removed the sites/domains from compatibility list.  Making  them "less" compatible made them "more".   Ironic.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the slow response. Lots of fires to put out after major platform maintenance. It does not seem to matter whether the site is in or not in compatibility mode. The error persists.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Folks,

Just adding an update... we are working with Nintex support on this and they asked us to update to the most current version of Nintex Forms to see if the issue gets resolved. We did update and the issue persists. Any feedback from the community is welcome and I will continue to update any relevant info from out open ticket.

Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Folks,

With the help of Tony Montoya‌ in the support team, Eudoro Espinoza‌ was able to get this thing hashed out. I will wait for him to post the actual answer as to what was going on so that I can give him the credit for bird-dogging this to it's conclusion. Please post your explaination Eudoro.

Thanks and Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

Badge

SurePatrick‌,

We have a custom branding solution package deployed within each of the site collections in our SharePoint environment.  After de-activating the solution per ‌'s request, we were able to confirm that the issue was resolved. 

Now, it's up to our branding developer to track down what the exact issue was however, for the time being we have a workaround.