On a Nintex form is there any way to set focus and tab order?

• 22 August 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +9

I have a noticeable problem on a form where I added a field later in my sequence. The field is a Name Field. Even though it is the far top left field, the focus lands on the Department field to the right. 

I couldn't find any attribute to change the order of focus or tab order. Where are the rocks--so I can walk on water ;-)

Please point to something obvious or some inciteful code.

thanks, I'm looking for my second miracle today--you guys are good!

Stephan 

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

there is not an OOTB possibility.

there is already a request on uservoice for the functionality, where you can vote for it.

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229406-2-nintex-forms-for-sharepoint/suggestions/7851900-easily-adjust-tab-order 

with javascript you can set focus to a given control like

NWF$('#' + jsName).focus();
Badge +9

How do you find the jsname. I've tried locating it with my F12.

I came up with this which doesn't work:

NWF$('#ctl00_ctl43_g_54bcf928_58f2_460b_b4c3_05c70f01b93a_ctl00_ListForm2_formFiller_FormView_ctl22_10ef0733_a8c9_4ab4_97ce_80f52f4a2132').focus();

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Define your own in control's configuration dialog in advanced section

Badge +9

Could you expand your comment? I can't relate to what you said.

thanks,

Stephan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

206958_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I'm not sure if it's correct or not, but I found that the focus works top left to bottom right. So is your control on the right higher than the control on the left?

A way to manage this is with Panels.

When I want to create a column effect on the form like below

Address 1               Email

Address 2               Phone

City                        Fax

Zip

Here my users would want to fill in all the address details on the left first rather than the sequence being Address 1 > Email > Address 2 > Phone and so forth.

So by putting the address controls in a panel and the contact controls (email, phone fax) in a separate panel, the tab index for these would go Address 1 > Address 2 > City > Zip and then across to the second panel it would be Email > Phone > Fax.

You just need to make sure that the panel on the left is at level with the panel on the right or higher to ensure the focus goes to the panel on the left first.

If the right is slightly higher, then the focus will go there first.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Stephen,

If one of these solutions provided an answer for you, can you mark it correct please for future users.

Thanks

Badge +9

Thanks, I just wasn't seeing what you were saying.

Badge +2

How does this reply answer the actual question? And how it is an accepted answer?