cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display prompt or pop up window with Yes\No button ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Nintex Forms 2010 and would like to display a prompt or pop up window with Yes\No button when a control fails validation.

For example, I have two date picker controls, namely "Start Date" and "Negotiation Date".

Validation is that Start Date should be after Negotiation Date.

If it fails validation, a prompt should show stating,

"The Start Date you have selected is before the Negotiation Date. Is this as intended? "

If user clicks Yes, it will remove the prompt/validation message and a lookup control "Reason" will become required.

If user clicks No, allow user to change Start Date and/or Negotiation Date.

How can I do this out-of-the-box, or using custom javascript?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to display prompt or pop up window with Yes\No button ?

Jump to solution

You could do it with the OOB Panel, showing it when the same conditions of the validation occurs.

Also you should add to your validation the value if the "isIntended" response.

Workflow Hero

Re: How to display prompt or pop up window with Yes\No button ?

Jump to solution

You can accomplish this with the out of the box functionality using either the validation section of the field or by setting a rule.

Validation Section:

In the settings of the field you want to validate, open up the validation section and set the field you want to compare it to and a message that will appear to users if not validated. Here I am setting the validation for the Start date. If the Start Date is LESS THAN the End Date, we should get a message when attempting to submit (validate).

Alternatively you can set a validation rule. I am going to set a rule for the End Date field this time.

Select the control and Add Rule

Simply set the condition for when it would be invalid and the message:

Save your form and give it a test:

You can do validations while filling out the form (I believe), but that would require programming. This uses all the of out of the box functionality and require zero programming.  If you want users to have the ability to submit forms and have "invalid" responses (your "Is this intended" prompt), perhaps have another button that ignore validations.

Hope this helps.