Can Nintex Workflow call code NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF();

• 23 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a Nintex Form that I can open up and utilize the 'Print to PDF' feature/button to create a nice PDF version of the form. I then copy the PDF file manually over to a Document library with a Nintex Workflow that simply sends out an email notification with the PDF File Attached to the email. That works great!

I now would like to automate the process of creating the PDF file with a separate Nintex Workflow that upon saving a Nintex Form on a List that then executes a workflow that would convert the Nintex Form to a PDF file and then copy the PDF file to the document library which would send out the email from the workflow I already have working. I saw a Nintex community member (MIchael Peterson) mention using NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF(); Could I use this code somehow within the List Nintex Workflow to achieve my requirement to automatically save the file in a PDF format? Does anyone have another method to achieve the same result as what I'm trying to do?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Frank,

I don't know of a method to call the Form Print to PDF javascript from a workflow so if no-one else can help then you could leverage the doc gen capability.  You'll have to create a word version of your form but then you can populate that with the required fields and tell Doc Gen to publish it as a PDF into your document library.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +3

Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I did see the 'Convert Document' Action in a WF to convert a Word Doc to a PDF file but I really don't see that as viable for me to have to recreate a Word Version of a Nintex Form where in my case I have many Nintex Forms I'd need to do which would require a lot more work for each Nintex Form. I saw a article from Vadim Tabakman

http://vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflowforms-to-pdf.aspx

that looks like it would work as a workaround, but again having to create a word version of each of my Nintex Forms I've already developed would be a large workload. What we really need  is a NEW Nintex Workflow Action similar to the 'Convert Document' Action to convert a 'Nintex Form' to a 'PDF' file. I was hoping to leverage the NWF.FormFiller.PrintToPDF.PrintToPDF(); JavaScript somehow as a short term workaround until Nintex develops a new action, but not sure if that is possible or not. Thanks Again for your thoughts on the matter!

Frank