Managing Forms Controls

Badge +6

The instructions at http://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/Default.htm#sp2016/Forms/NFAdministration/Admin.ManageFormControls.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdminister%2520%7CFarm%2520administration%7CFarm%2520setup%7CForms%2520administration%2520setup%7C_____4 state that "This topic describes how to grant access to form controls", but the step by step  instructions are not listed. where can I find the instructions to do this task?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Dean,

what information do you search for or what is the goal you're trying to achieve?

If you search for a permission management like the one for workflow actions there is none for forms. You would have to uninstall specific controls for all users but it's not really an option for most of the people.

But again, it would be helpful If you could describe what you want to achieve.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +6

My client would like to have better control over the creation of workflows and forms in their organization. I understand that we can control the availability of workflow actions in sites/site collections and the instructions imply that we may be able to do something similar for form controls. I am specifically interested in limiting the use of the SQL request control. I am thinking that certain site collections will have the ability to use all of the workflow actions and controls while most site collections will only have the ability to use a subset of the actions and controls. The primary goal is to allow IT the ability to review workflows and forms that take advantage of advanced features that may have performance impacts.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Dean,

right now there is no possibility to disallow the SQL field. It makes sense to not give that control to everyone. There is an old and not much popular request on user voice for this which you could give some votes to make it pop up a bit. Gave mine into this as well.

Ability to disable controls in nintex forms 2010 from CA – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

As for workflows: There is a builtin method to let IT review newly created workflows. In site settings of a specific site you can click Workflow change approval. There you can specify a group what will be requested to approve newly created or modified workflows. Is that the option you need?

Best regards

Enrico