SmartForm deleted in designer but still exist in K2 database

• 2 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

Dear support,

I have deleted the smartform in the designer and when I tried to delete the views, now its saying its associated with the SmartForm and didnot allow me to delete. I searched in the designer and could not find it. However, when I check at the K2 database, it actually does exist in the Form.Form_Design table.

Now, without deleting this Form, I am not allowed to create Form with the same name. How to handle that situation now. Is there anyway I can delete this form and associated views (also disappeared from the K2 designer, but dies exist in the K2 database). I am afraid to do in the database directly as it might have reference in other tables and might crash the system. Please suggest.

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +15

This is a bit tricky. Your form should only appear in Form_Design table if the form has been checked out. Deleting the form should also remove the form entry in Form_Design table. You should consider logging a ticket with K2 Support for this, as you may need to interact with the K2 database directly to resolve this.

Badge +9

Thank you boringNerd,

I open a support ticket and resolved an issue. The form is checkout by another user and I donot see in K2 designer. So, I asked the user who checked out to open the K2 designer and see the form right there in the category. So, he can delete the form. However, I still do not understand if someone checked out the form, how can I still be able to delete the form in the designer without any error message which in fact the form didnot delete at the database