cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

How to deleted the status in result of workflow

After the workflow completed , we need to delete the status like:completed or failed to start in sharepoint.

Could you please any one to help

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to deleted the status in result of workflow

@ManojKumar may I ask why you are wanting to delete the status? I know you can look into the purging options to remove some of the data, but I'm not clear on what removing that status gives you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

One of our user , need to remove the status..they need to show only start date and end date..i too don't know the reason why they need to delete it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi, I'm not sure precisely what you need but I'll provide you with various options:

• You can hide the workflow Status column from the list view.
  • You can use the Set workflow status action to change the text in the Status column.
  • If you want to only clear the values of Completed or Failed to start then you can target these using their equivalent number values:
    • 0 = NotStarted
    • 1 = FailedOnStart
    • 2 = InProgress
    • 3 = ErrorOccurred
    • 4 = StoppedByUser
    • 5 = Completed
    • 6 = FailedOnStartRetrying
    • 7 = ErrorOccurredRetrying
    • 8 = ViewQueryOverflow
    • 15 = Max

Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

You could just hide the Workflow status column from the list view.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi i need to delete failed to start and in progess line
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

@ManojKumar wrote:
Hi i need to delete failed to start and in progess line

In that case you would need a scheduled site workflow to iterate through each item (use this article - it's quite old but you should be able to apply the principle to your requirements). In the workflow you would need logic to check the value of the workflow status column and if that value equals 1 or 2 (see my previous reply) then use the Change Workflow Status to blank. This is highly inefficient though just to change these values.

My recommendation is to create a new column called Status in your list and hide the workflow status column from the view. As your workflow progresses, update the Status field with the values to want to represent the progress of the workflow.