cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to delete workflow history from within a workflow?

This is for NW2010. I'm looking for a way to provide a "Reset This Item" list workflow, which would erase all workflow history for the current item. I do understand that of course, there might be a workflow history for the execution of this would-be "Reset This Item" workflow; which is fine.

What I'm looking for is a way to clear out old Workflow History entries which pile up during testing/development. I'd like to do this as a list workflow, so I can pick it from the Workflows menu for a list item; and not have to dig through the SIte Actions > Site Settings, bla bla.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to delete workflow history from within a workflow?

Sounds like a great, reusable process that can be very effective during testing. There can be a workflow process to help with this, and as you said, would be a bonus if you can use it from an item menu.

But I wanted to make sure I shared this as well so you know it is also an option. Nintex provides a tool called NWAdmin. It is an application that is on the server that you can run console applications commands. Two commands that you would use are PurgeWorkflowData, PurgeHistoryListData. See more at NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2010

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thinking about this, It would be neat to have the PowerShell action call NWAdmin and perform these commands.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi, Alan McCollough​, did you find a solution? Just checking in.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply