Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

How to delete data from Hawkeye?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have noticed the following:

1. After deleting an item from SharePoint, the generated Nintex workflow data is still available in Hawkeye.
  2. After deleting a Nintex workflow from a list, it stillI can be selected in Hawkeye (add workflow to a process intelligence lens), and when doing so, the related data is also still there.

This made me wonder, what are my options to delete data from Hawkeye?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Greetings,

Rick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to delete data from Hawkeye?

Jump to solution

Same for me here. Just installed Nintex Hawkeye some days ago and started to play around with it. Now in the usage lens I can see information about workflows on site collections that have been deleted months ago.

Seems like Hawkeye is simply inspecting the dbo.AllSites table, which also stores site collections that have already been deleted.

Would be great to have the possibility to delete such information from Hawkeye!

Cheers

Philipp

0 Kudos
luke_bongiorno
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Rick and Philipp,

Thanks for your interest in Hawkeye. 

You are correct, currently Hawkeye indexes all workflows that have ever been published. We are working on enhancements to reflect the current status of the workflow within Hawkeye (e.g. published vs deleted, etc). 

The intention of Hawkeye is to maintain a history of all workflows, though capturing the current status will allow us to allow you to filter for only workflows that are currently published. Do you feel this provides the capability you need? 

Thanks

Luke

View solution in original post

rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Luke,

Great! This sounds as the way to go imo, I would start getting worried if I indeed could remove data.

I do have a scenario I want to point out:

This scenario is all about disaster recovery and rollback. When a restore of a SharePoint farm is executed, what happens to the data that was collected after the moment of the restored backup/snapshot? Will this data disappear or will it still be available?

Cheers,

Rick

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Luke,

thanks for the information. Imo it would be really great to be able to filter for published/undeleted workflows as this improves the value of the insight we get through hawkeye significantly!

Best Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos