error in one out of five workflows

• 15 February 2019
  • 2 replies

we keep getting these errors and i am wondering if anyone can help.  a form is reading values from other SharePoint lists and then is creating an entry in a sharepoint list. It seems that as soon as the entry is created k2 tests to see if the object exists. It doesn't see the entry and gives an error.  you see this in the k2 logs

355387712","20**:40:49","Error","General","0","SharePoint Broker Exception","CreateListItem","0 Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.","anonymous","0.0.0.0","AZServ15:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","355387712","f461295237f24828a8e80c340a45a3a9

in the sharepoint uls log you will see this

Exception occured in scope Microsoft.SharePoint.SPObjectFactory.getObjectById. Exception=Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user

It seems that there may be a lag in performance in that SharePoint creates the entry and then tests to see if it is there and doesn't see it. Does anyone know of a way to wait for an interval of time before the check is done?

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

I would try and change your rule to create DocumentId and store that to a hidden Data Label on the form, then use that value in the Create List Item rule.

Thank you

Kallie

Badge +11

I have seen this kind of error before when the person designing the form uses a variable to hold the list item ID.  The variable is an integer and by default initialized to 0.  There is no ListID 0 in SharePoint.  Make sure your variable is properly updated with the List item ID before using it.