Entering percentage

• 2 September 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +10

Hi All,

If you have a field which should represent a percentage, you can configure the formatting to display it as a percentage eg. 2.12% however when entering the value you should still enter it as 0.0212.

Is there a way which will allow the user to enter 2.12 instead of 0.0212. Expressions can't be used on the same field because of a circular reference, because that would have been an option.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Badge +10

Samuel from K2 helped me solve this with a work-around.

I added an extra hidden data label onto the form and bound it to the SmartObject property.

I then created an expression on this field which will take the text box input and divide it by 100.

I then created an expression on the text box which will take the value in the hidden data label and multiply it by 100.

In this way the load will populate the text box with the correct percentage and a save would save the 0.xxx value to the SmartObject.

Hope this helps someone else!

Badge +10

Unfortunately, this issue still persists sice your last post in 2013. I really hate using hidden fields for this as I have quite a few of these fields. Wondering if anyone has a better idea on how to do this.