Skip pages in a multi-step form

• 25 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I just made a multi-step form according to this tutorial: How to design a Multi-Step form with Nintex Forms for Office 365

Now I have a question: Is there a possibility to skip pages if a checkbox is active or not? I only want to show page 2 if the checkbox is active and skip to page 3 if it's not.

I tried to add an if condition to the button:

'if(Checkbox==true) {goStep(2)} else {goStep(3)}'

but it always goes directly to 3. Never to 2.

I also made a button with 'alert(Checkbox)' which always returns 'false'. I'm really not good with JavaScript so maybe this is a very stupid error but to me it seems that the checkbox doesn't affect the result at all.

3 replies

Badge +9

To get value of checkbox try

NWF$('#' + id_checkbox).prop('checked')

It will return 'true' or 'false'. id_checkbox is Client ID JavaScript variable name defined in advanced control settings.

Badge +4

That did it. Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Manfred,

How would this translate if I was trying to check the value of a multi-select choice using checkboxes? My use case is that I'm trying to develop a form for a "Manager Portal" type thing where they can either make the necessary IT and Facilities requests for a New Hire or request changes for existing employees such as transfers, promotions, turnovers, new equipment, etc.

Currently the form looks like this:

200584_pastedImage_1.png

I'm following the  post for this so far. I intend to have panels for each of those available "which of the following would you like to make" boxes and only have them be shown if the user has selected that option. The only caveat is if they select "New Hire" then they will be required to fill out the "IT Request" and "Facilities Access Request" pieces.