List look up working together

Badge +4

Hello,

I am trying to get a list lookup control show values dependent on another lookup. I have followed the cascading dropdown menu but that doesn't seem to work as shown below

the strand lookup has 4 values, and each value has several impacts and they work by the strand lookup but it doesn't seem to.

Ideally what I want the form to do is to lookup a field and show the impacts against that field chosen, and only show those 4 impacts from a list of 12 impacts.

I have one list that show the below with column names ID, Strand, Impact

Another extensive list with each item that has a strand attached to it. SO when a user picks that once strand the list lookup only shows the impacts for that strand.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Priya

7 replies

Badge +4

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the above and i followed your example but it hasn't worked for me.

The Impacts lookup is not displaying the drop down which is filtered by the strand control.Could  it because the Impact column which is now (Title) is too long to be held as a single line of text.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Badge +4

I see what you mean and I have changed the category field to a lookup so it looks like the below

My form has the same settings as your example and now the Impact lookup only shows one impact only not any of the others when selected by the Strand field.

Any ideas why ?

Badge +4

Yeah sure the below is for the Strand

This is for the impact

Thank you for your help in advance

Badge +4

Yes the nintex and SharePoint versions are up to date just had it all recently sorted out.

Could I see your results because if the settings are correct it must just be something little I have missed. The fact it shows one then it is kind of working.

Another way I was thinking of showing the different impacts is that a drop down works against a static field so if PI is selected only the PI impacts are shown and if the QI field is selected then only the QI impacts are shown. Is that possible instead of having 2 list lookups ?

Thanks

Priya

Badge +4

Sorry I wasn't clear enough the result you have shown is correct and it is what I am after.

But what if the form already knows it is for a PI strand and the Impacts for PI are selected by the user. After the form is in QI mode and only the QI impacts are shown for the user to select. All this happens all on one form. Here is a screen dump of the super list where the form sits

As you can see each line has a strand against it so is there a neat way of the form knowing what strand mode it should be in and only show those impacts.

thanks

Badge +4

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this problem I am still stuck and cant get the 2 drop downs to work together.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

here How to filter a look up column in nintex forms  you find step by step guide how to configure cascading lookups I've posted once.

try to follow it.

if it still doesn't help you, post configuration of respective lookup fields from all of your 3 lists ('super list', categories, subcategories)