What is the best practise to upgrade K2 environment

• 9 December 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know the best way to upgrade the k2 environment version say from 4.6.9 to 4.6.10 . I have done this process but always landed into some environmental issues after the upgrade. Could some one give step by step instructions on how can this be done.

Thank you
Lubna

6 replies

Badge +7

Hi,
As K2 started rolling out K2 update manager ever since the release of 4.6.9 this will ease up upgrade activity a lot. And you are already running environment is 4.6.9 and you can make use of this feature and it shouldn't cause you any problem interns of environment setup and all. The only issue you would definitely face is if you have got your custom theme built on 4.6.9 base version and that might give you some formatting issue stuff like that.
Another point here per your comments you wanted to upgrade to 4.6.10? However K2 latest version is 4.6.11 and why don't you directly upgrade to latest version? Why don't you skip version 4.6.10?

Cheers,
Prajwal Shambhu

Badge +9

What kind of environmental issues are you having after upgrading?

Badge +2
Thank you Prajwal.

Yes I would definitely go for 4.6.11 Its just that I specified that as an example.
Badge +2
Hello Ziqing,

One of the poblems I had faced was that the designer stops working.

Thank you
Badge +9

I always have issues too so I make my own list of things to check after an update.

Badge +9

We're gonna need more details than just "stops working". Is there any particular portion of the designer that isn't working after the upgrade? Are there any error messages? Were there any errors when upgrading smartforms? Did you update the control pack? Are there any custom controls?