ADUM to SQLUM

• 1 February 2010
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Dear All,

How can i change  from ADUM to SQLUM to provide security information to K2.

Any config files and database tables needed to edit?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +8

you could use K2Users table in K2SQULM db and start using K2SQL: security label in your workspace or  your custom task list. there is no changes required in any config file, only thing is that you need to you this table for k2 user management.

Downside of using this approach is that If you are building a large application then you could have your LOB user management and you need to sync up your users and password in two places.

or

you could build you custom user provider which would allow you to use your LOB db for user management. blackmarket has custom user provider project  which would allow you to use your LOB db. There are some changes required to K2hostserverconfig file as well for this.

Badge +1

There are no AD users inside my K2 environment, so if i want to access to k2 workspace, i just needed to insert some users into table K2Users?

Because i am not able to access to K2 workspace default page currently.

Correct me, if i am wrong.

Thx!

Badge +8

Current workspace does not support users from K2SQL or custom security label users. You  need to use AD user to access workspace.

Badge +1

oh... thats mean i am not able to access workspace, even though i am using a local administrator id in the K2 server itself.

And thats mean i am not able to deploy any processes in vs studio too if have no AD users? i get error message "K2:domainuser does not have rights to export processes" when i tried to deploy workflow.

thanks