Installation fails on non english server

Badge +1

Hello,

Neither Forms nor Workflow installs properly on a non english server.

Specifically, my server has SharePoint installed only with the French language (1036).

When I ran the setup, it failed with this error:

Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions15HCCab1033Nintex.Forms.HC.cab'.

This is due to the installer that try to write files in

"C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft sharedWeb Server Extensions15HCCab1033"

But the 1033 folder does not exists.

It can be worked around easily by creating manually this folder.

thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey Steve, there are two separate install files. One for English, and one for International that is for all languages. You must use the International version for this and not use the English installer. I just wanted to check that you have that version.

Badge +1

Sorry, I forgot to specify which installer I used.

To clarify: yes, I tried using intl installer "NintexForms2013int.exe" and "NintexWorkflow2013int.exe"

Badge +1

Gokan , I don't get you. Why are talking about licencing?

Badge +1

Sorry Andrew, but this is not an acceptable answer.

You only stated what I've yet stated in the initial question. And as I stated also, I was able to workaround the issue.

My goal was only to inform Nintex about a bug in their setup. I don't understand answers I got. Wasn't I clear in my post?

thanks anyway

Badge +1

10 month later, the problem is still present on the latest version (2013 version at least)

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Steve,

it might be good to send this also to Nintex Support to raise an official ticket. This is a community site that is used to help each other. However if you really want to improve or influence the products I suggest you create ideas or requests on Customer Feedback for Nintex  or pass errors you experience to Nintex support.

Best regards

Enrico