cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to configure reminders and escalate a workflow using delegation

Handy hints on how to configure reminders and escalate a workflow using delegation.

This design is stable in SharePoint 2010 and was written for the usage on this platform. Using this design in SharePoint 2013 or Above is not stable and it not recommend by the Nintex Support team. 

Labels: (1)
9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to configure reminders and escalate a workflow using delegation

Hi,

I am using nintex wokflows 2013. For a simple example workflow such as here How to configure reminders and escalate a workflow using delegation and The reminder task dos not execute at all and as a result, the workflow gets stuck.

Can you please comment?

thanks

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.  I'm surprised you haven't received a response.

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

This post if from a while ago, but what method are you using from the above support document? I've never tried the reminders for an approval utilizing the first example.

I've had success using the "assign flexi task" option or "method 2" on page 5 of this support document, then setting up the reminders within the configuration.
Hope this helps, better late than never is suppose.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I tried to set up reminder using "assign flexi task" but its not working at all. can anyone please help.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I have the same problem, reminders never being received.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello

I have same issue where the reminder(s) are not being sent out at all.

This is how I configured it within the FlexiTask:

Reminder_Nintex.JPG

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

even enabling "Allow delegation" does not do the trick.

Then, I typed 10 in the Mins: field  (meaning after 10min it should send a reminder)

but again, no luck.

Anybody here who got this working via the FlexiTask ???

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi All,

I have used the flexi task to assign an approval action and send reminders, and my reminders do indeed send, but then even after the task has been actioned, they continue to send, and my workflow stays as pending. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and has any hints with how to rectify?

I have ticked 'allow delegation'

I wondered if I had to add the Action ID variables anywhere in my flexi task, but there doesn't appear to be a field to do this.

Thanks,

Billie

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi 

Very late response here, but thought I'd add it for anyone else who is having issues and reading this thread. The only difference I can see between your config and mine is that i have not ticked 'during business days only'. My reminders are being sent- but the action isn't recording as complete.

The only other thing which I assume you would have ticked, but can't see in your screenshot is the delivery type at the very bottom of the page - email or user preference. i have ticked email.

Cheers,

billie

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply