K2 Blackpearl Security

• 24 April 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

Does K2 Blackpearl support field level security?

The reason I ask:

I have a large Input form/Smart Object with many fields (which also has related Smart Objects) that I want to manipulate in ASPX. Some of these fields should be editable, some only readable and some should not be visible at all as the form gets passed through the workflow.

For example.

1. A low level user will capture information about a customer (name surname etc) and submit.

2. The same input form should then be opened by a manager for approval. The manager should add comments and approve/reject the submission.

3. The low level user should then open the workflow item again and be able to edit the information they have added, but not the information added by the manager.

In general, fields on the single form should be visible/editable/readonly depending on the user viewing the form but it should be a single form.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Badge +8

Is this a custom ASPX page?  If so, just build the security just like you would when pulling data from a database.

Another thing you could consider is create seperate SmartObjects for user groups and give permissions appropiately.