cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

How to check for a field status within a Pause for 1 hour loop but only send one email per day?

Jump to solution

I am trying to find a good way for checking the status of a field column in a list item, while setting a 1 hour pause within a loop action.  I also have an email notification in the loop action.  What would be the best way to keep the loop running, and have the Pause action run 24 times in a day (each hour), but only send one email per day?  Then if the field value does not change the next day, I want it to check every hour again, and have 1 email to be sent again, and then have that process repeat every day until the field value is changed and the loop conditions are met.  Ideas?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to check for a field status within a Pause for 1 hour loop but only send one email per day?

Jump to solution

Nick,

You could create an integer variable ("Counter") and increment it in the loop using the Math Operation action.  Then have a RunIf action to check if Counter >= 24.  In the RunIf you could send your email and reset the counter to 1.  There are a few other ways this could be done, but I think this is the easiest.  Do you need to control what time of day the email is sent? Or only restrict it to once per 24 hours?

BTW - note that the 1 hour pause will not be exactly every hour.  I would expect it to be +/- 5 minutes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to check for a field status within a Pause for 1 hour loop but only send one email per day?

Jump to solution

This is great Tom!  No, I do not need to control the time of day to send the email.  I just need to base the starting time on when the Status is initially set to "Assigned".  So, this works fine for my purpose.  Thanks!

0 Kudos