Send E-Mail Rule w/ Multiple Attachments

• 23 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have a view on a smartform (connected to a smartobject) that will allow me to select multiple files as attachments. When I use the "send an e-mail" rule on my submit button, and map the "Attachment" to the "File" field of my smartobject (which can be multiple files), when the rule runs and I get the email, it does NOT attach all of the files to the email, only the last file in the list.

12433i07FEEF9DFEFBE1F7.png

Is there any way that I can have it attach multiple files and send those as attachments on the email?

3 replies

Badge

I had the same issue before: here's how to solve it:

Use a “SharePoint Content” Service Instance and a SmartObject on it. On the email configuration wizard, on the “attachments” box, drop the method “Get Documents”. Configure input parameters and filter options. The return property should be the one named “Document.XML” and select to return all matching rows.

Badge +2

Sorry, I'm pretty new to K2.  I don't think I follow with the "SharePoint Content" service instance and a SmartObject on it.  Would this be using K2 Designer, K2 Studio, etc.?

I was able to get the service instance configured for SharePoint Content. And I have added a method to my SmartObject for Upload Document

13900i56D5DA0392E505BB.png

However, I either get Object Reference not set to Instance of an Object or The following fields are required to Upload_Document   - Document.

Badge +2

Did you ever get this to work in the end? As we've got the same problem at the moment.