cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change the "Complete Task" button of to-do task?

How to change the "Complete Task" button of to-do task?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to change the "Complete Task" button of to-do task?

Nafiseh, could you explain your question a bit more?  The "to-do" works like a regular SharePoint task in that you have a status field where you change the value to "Completed" to complete the task.  What is it you're wanting to change?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm willing to change the lable, instead of Complete Task to say " Approve to Proceed"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm sorry, I'm not following what label you're referring to.  Can you provide a screen shot?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Nafiseh, I'm not sure that you can change the label in a "Assign To-Do Task" action but you can change the labels in a "Assign Flexi Task".  So if you don't get another answer, consider using the "Assign Flexi Task".

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Eric Rhodes, a consultant with Nintex partner Codesigned, has a great blog post about how to get the 'Complete Task' effect on a to-do task. Check it out: Build a Better Nintex Workflow “Assign To-Do Task” Form | TechRhodes

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the Edit Task Form is not available in the Assign to-do task. It is, however, available to other task actions like Request Review/Approval and the Assign Flexi task. See Create a custom approval form with InfoPath 2010

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Alternatively, the easiest way in my estimation, would be to use a Flexi Task and then use Nintex Forms to change the text on the save button. Inside of the configuration dialog of the Flexi Task, simply click on Edit Task Form and then inside of the forms designer, just double click on the save button and rename it. One could also do the same via InfoPath.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply