cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tolbrich
Nintex Newbie

How to change the field order in Request Data form

Hello community,

what is the best way to change the order of two content type fields in a NWF request data form?

I was not able to change the order and the only way I can think of is either create a new content type or update the existing one and delete on of the fields and to recreate it. Either way it requires cleaning up in the Workflow task lists columns and content types.

Does anyone know a better way to change the field order?

Thanks.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to change the field order in Request Data form

do you mean SP's OOTB task form?

if so, it should follow content type's fields sequence and the sequence is customizable.

if you navigated to CT configuration page (at respective level), somwhere at the bottom you should see a link like 'Column order'

tolbrich
Nintex Newbie

Thanks, but no I do not mean SP OOTB task form.

I mean the form that is created by Nintex Workflow when selecting the option "Publish task edit form". When the user responds to this task he will be redirected to a page where only the fields defined in the Request Data task show up. The order of these fields cannot be changed when configuring the action.

Here is the summary of the steps that I took to change the order:

1. delete the Request Data action containing the content type with the wrong field order
  2. delete all elements (workflow tasks) containing the old content type also from both recycle bins
  3. delete the content type from the workflow task list and from site content types
  4. we can now recreate the Request Data action taking care of the right field order

If someone knows of an easier way please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

I mean the form that is created by Nintex Workflow when selecting the option "Publish task edit form"

the option only controls whether a task form assigned to the referred CT is republished (replaced) as well or not. you may eg. decide to add a new field to the CT but you do not want it to appear on task form - so you do not select 'Publish task edit form' and you will still work with previous version of task form (with missing the new field).

but this oiption do not control whether SP or custom (nintex) task form is being used.

if you do not design any custom task form, then OOTB SP one is automatically used. and the task form layout is controlled by the field sequence in CT definition.

if you design a custom task form (eg. with nintex forms) then your custom form is used. on custom task you can design fields/controls layout whatever you like.

from your description I've a feeling you use OOTB SP task form...

Here is the summary of the steps that I took to change the order:

this exercise was not needed at all.

as already mentioned you can control SP's task form layout by the sequence of fields in CT definition. you just have to remember to step into task action configuration so then new sequence is taken into account and select to republish new task form.

see an example how I changed task form layout exactly this way

i2.jpgi.jpg

0 Kudos
tolbrich
Nintex Newbie

Thank you for your answer, emha.

Following you advice I was not able to change the field order. I am not sure if it is an SP OOTB form or not. The form I am talking about just contains the task description, information about the item processed in the workflow and the two fields that I defined for this content type in the request data action. I would say this is not OOTB but provided by Nintex Workflow - see screenshot:

RequestDataForm.png

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

it looks like to be default form.

I guess you have all the headers above two input fields designed in 'Task description' configuration field

have you stepped into the action configuration dialog after the CT field sequence change and republished the workflow with 'Publish task edit form' option checked on?

have you seen in configuration dialog changed field sequence? if not, I've noticed sometimes it needs to be forced it rereeds CT configuration by switching existing/new CT radio. 

or you may try to add one another request data action to see whether it accepts changed CT's field sequence.

0 Kudos