How to handel null value in K2 form

• 19 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a one Smart Object which attached with a Oracle Stored procedure. the SP sometimes returns null value, so that has been handeled using NVL() and returns 0 when value is Null.

Executing the SP from outside getting desired result, but when the Smart object is  attached with a view and that view is attched with the form, then at run time for null value result is showing 0.

Note : under properties  a custom style  (###,###) has been defined to get the value as in that format.

Removing that custom style the form is showing 0 for null, but not geeting value 99,999,999 and when that custom style is define not geeting 0 in case of null.

If any one can help in this regards.

Thanks in advance,

JD

4 replies

Badge +3

You can check that the return value is SCNULL.

Hope this helps: http://community.k2.com/t5/General/How-to-set-value-to-Null-for-SmartObject-method/td-p/76003

Badge +4

Hi brian,

thanks for your reply. i have gone through the link, the link is talked about handel null value in SO, but i am able to handel null in SO, problem facing while displaying 0 if value is null.

if i remove the custom style then i can see 0 if value is null, but if custom style is there then unable to see 0 when it is null.

Thanks,

JD

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Could u provide the specific custom styling u r using ? is it specificly (###,###) ? or is it (###,###.00) ?

1 more question , when u r using the style , wt does it show for null values ? does it show "null" ? or wt does it show?

Regards.

Badge +4

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your reply.

custom style i am using  (###,###).

for null values it is showing nothing.

Thanks,

JD