Passing Processing Instructions between K2 and BizTalk

• 11 May 2005
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I'm having trouble returning information from a BizTalk orchestration back to the K2 process that initiated it.

In my K2 process, I'm using the BTS_Orchestration Event. In the Event properties, I've set the Message Xpath to the root of the xml fields I've defined for the K2 process and checked the "Copy XML Processing Instructions" box.

The K2 documentation says this is supposed to embed the Serial Number in the message as Processing Instructions. Then, we are supposed to preserve the Processing Instructions in BizTalk. I'm not sure how to "preserve the Processing Instructions". I don't see any way of getting that Serial Number from inside BizTalk in order to use it for anything.

Can anybody explain how to do this?

Thanks,

1 reply

Badge +1
After re-reading the documentation about the 10th time, the answer finally sunk in. To preserve the processing instructions, you need to go into your BizTalk project and open up the Map you are using in design view. Right-click the map surface and look at the map's properties. There is a property called "Copy Processing Instructions" that needs to be set to "Yes".