Nintex Workflow 2013 and Workflow Manager 1.0

• 17 November 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Since workflow changed with SharePoint 2013, I thought I would ask:

Does Nintex Workflow 2013 work with (require) the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager? Or replace it?

8 replies

Badge +3

Hi. Nintex workflow does not require or work with workflow manager 1.0

It uses the buildin SharePoint 2010 workflow engine.

http://en-us.nintex.com/workflow-platform/system-requirements

Badge +3

That is what I was thinking. Not sure how to feel about this. As long as it works, I guess.

Badge +3

Does Nintex peacefully coexist with Workflow Manager 1.0 if we choose to add that as well? I would think it would, but it never hurts to ask.

Badge +6

Hi John,

Yes it does. You don't have to worry about that !

Badge +1

When will we see Nintex workflows running on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager? There were performance considerations why Microsoft moved workflows over to a separate server.

Badge +6

Hi Neil,

I fully agree with you. I can tell you : it's coming !

As you may know, Workflow manager today is not really compulsory in most of the cases (most of the workflow could still be launched on the SP2010 engine. Workflow Manager is only usefull for scalability reasons and should only make a difference for companies that runs more that thousands workflows a day. But for most of the companies, adding a new server only to get the workflow executed on an external workflow means an extra cost for a insignifiant ROI. Most of my customers install WManager without noticing that it won have any impact on their performance (cause their need in terms of workflow is not critical enough).

But don't worry, I'm not avoiding here your question : it's coming, and our technical team is working very hard to make it happen fast!

Alex

Badge

Are there news about Workflow Manager? When will Nintex run on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager?

Badge +2

One Year ago,

what is the current State?