Double Submit to Start Workflow From InfoPath

• 30 September 2005
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

I have created a InfoPath process, which I'm trying to start from the Forms Library.

The form is published and the K2 process is also exported.

When I click "Fill Out This Form" in the SPS forms library the form is displayed with the K2 taks pane.

When I submit the form it is saved to the library and I then see a worklist item in my worklist. I then have to click the worklist item or open the form itself and click submit to start the workflow process.

Is there something I can do to simply submit the form once and start the process.

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +9
The fact that a Worklist item is available in the Worklist means that the process is already created/started. The Worklist item represents an activity of the process instance.
Badge +2
I think I might be confusing the issue. Part of my message was missing.

I have created my process using the InfoPath Process Template.

Example -
1. Nothing is in my worklist
2. I click on Fill Out This Form in SPS
3. The form is displayed and I fill it out and click submit in in the InfoPath form K2 taskpane
4. The form is now displayed in the my forms library(as excepted)
5. A Worklist item appears pointing to the same form I just filled out

I must now open the same form and click submit for the client event to complete.

I want everything to work as it does except the client event seems to be an extra step.

Hope this helps clarify.
Badge +9
Typically any workflow process consist of a Plan/Start Stage and this is done by filling out the form as mentioned, and clicking on the submit button. The second part of is the actual steps in the process that takes care of the Approval/Review of what it is that you need to achieve with workflow and this part is handled by typical client events creating Worklist items. Developers normally create a number of views in the InfoPath, each view represent a specific part of the workflow e.g. Start View, HR Approval View for HR approval, Manager Approval View for manager approval

The behavior explain in your post is what I expect of an InfoPath process. By the sound of things you only want to make use of the process to upload the document into the document library without any further workflow to take place, this can be done by removing the last activity added by the wizard. The end result will be a 2 step process (Start, InfoPath Initialize) the IP Initialize activity takes the document and uploads it to the document library specified during the wizard configuration. My question to you: what is the purpose of the workflow?

Hope this clarifies a couple of things.
Badge +2
Thanks,

I will remove the last activty and see what happens.

My workflow process is actually initated by the submission of an InfoPath document, does not continue within the document. Once the form is submitted I start a workflow process that refers to the document and also a number of other internal systems.

Thanks