I need to add Nintex live to existing nintex 2016 installation.

• 16 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

I need to add Nintex live to existing nintex 2016 installation.

So I'd like to change the min role of my WFE from custom to WFE and Distributed Cache. WHen I try to do that I get an error, and when I check the ULS logs, I get

Failed converting server 'WFE' from 'WebFrontEndWithDistributedCache' to 'WebFrontEndWithDistributedCache' role. Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Could not start the Nintex Live Workflow Queue Service, please ensure the service is installed locally. Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
at Nintex.Workflow.Live.Service.OnlineQueueServiceInstance.Provision()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerRoleManager.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ProvisionServiceInstance>b__0()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerRoleManager.ConfigureServiceInstance(SPServiceInstance serviceInstance)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerRoleManager.ConfigureServer(Boolean throwOnFailure)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerRoleConversionJobDefinition.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId) StackTrace:
at onetnative.dll: (sig=831d920c-e7fc-4ed0-8f9d-073bccb52bf9|2|onetnative.pdb, offset=37019)
at onetnative.dll: (offset=1E48E)

I think I had nintex live turned on in my 2010 farm and there are some artifacts lingering around. So I have a production enviroment up and running and now I want to try adding Nintex Live so I can change the server role. It looks like I need to install  nintexlivecore.wsp, but I can't find it in my install files. 

Any advice on how to remove the Nintex live artifacts, or add / install Nintex Live to an existing production farm?

Connect and enable Nintex Live 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Joshua,

I think its easier to add Live to your farm instead of hunting artifacts. In 2016 it should have been installed automatically.

First thing I'd try is to reinstall Nintex. Maybe there was an error when deploying the Live bytes.

Could you provide a screen shot of the Nintex solutions in your farm from solution management. It should look like this:

204643_pastedImage_1.png

Also a screenshot of the installed services would be helpful which should look like this:

204647_pastedImage_2.png

Maybe there was an error deploying a solution so a screenshot would be helpful.

Best regards

Enrico