K2 Login to Workspace

• 25 August 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi K2 Experts,

I am new to K2 BlackPearl and I had a training about K2 BlackPearl last week. As I was reviewing the lessons I asked myself how can I log-in to a workspace using a Login page and not a shortcut on the desktop that uses a certain tool and recieves the username and password as a parameter. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much guys!

Best regards.

Ted

5 replies

Badge +9

I dont think we have login page for workspace but u can open workspace using with desired credentials.

1) Right Clik on Intenet Explorer -> Run as...(it opens a window)

2) Check "The Following User" option and enter desired Username and Password.

3) It will open a browser and copy paste the k2workspace link i.e. http://yourservername/Workspace/Navigation/Navigation.aspx 

Hope this helps...

Badge +1

Thank you Srikanth, your suggestion worked well. If that is the case do you think its possible to create an aspx page or a web service to support the login to workspace for a particular user?

Badge +4

If you find yourself having to do the runas frequently, you can create a shorcut that does it for you.

Just create a new shortcut and put the following in the target: C:WINNTsystem32
unas.exe /savecred /user:domainnameusername "C:Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE.EXE"

You will need to provide your domain acount in the /user parameter

The first time you login it will ask for a password and thereafter you can just click on the shortcut.

Make the user's landing page the workspace.  It makes testing much easier.

Badge +1

Hi Henk,

Thank you for your response indeed it was a cool suggestion, I was able to execute it successfully with just a minimal change due to having a different OS. I am just curious if we can prompt the user for his login credentials on top of  .aspx page.

If there are more suggestions related to this please feel free to post them while I am also finding a way to do it.

Thank you guys for your help!

Badge +1
By the way Henk, do you know DC Herselman?