Service Object (Sharepoint Service) - Adding a new method

• 14 January 2013
  • 0 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Is it possible top add a new method to the existing SharePoint service object, and if so, how complex is it?

The situation is that I want to automatically move documents from one doc library to another when a workflow item is completed. Currently we are doing this in the K2 process design, but this approach has resulted in some items going into error status (probably because our environment is based on a single server running SharePoint, K2, SQL and web server for ASP.net webforms).

What I would like to try is change the approach so that the moving of the documents is done in the ASP.net (C#) webform [that results in the process item completion] rather than directly in the K2 process. This would hopefully enable better control over the document move process (the fact that we'd be moving each document seperately rather than the K2 process bulk moving all associated docs).

The problem is that the SharePoint service currently does not have a MOVE method, and I'm not sure if it is [easily] possible to create a new method.

Any advice / pointers to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

0 replies

Be the first to reply!