cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to autopopulate a Repeating Section?

Jump to solution

Hi people,

Is there a way to create many rows as i need on a Repeating Section dynamically?

I have one people control which i'll fill with people and/or group. I'll submit this form and using nintex workflow i'll send one notification to each person added.

When this person back to the form he needs to see all stakeholders on Repeating Section

( one row for each ).

Each row should have one two labels, one line textbox and one yes/no control.

Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to autopopulate a Repeating Section?

Jump to solution

Hi Eduardo

You can populate rows in a repeating section. You have to build a string with the xml using string actions in workflow and assign it to a workflow variable. Connect this variable to the repeating section.

A simple xml string for a repeating section containg three rows with one single line control called 'Name' looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><Name type="System.String">name1</Name></Item><Item><Name type="System.String">name2</Name></Item><Item><Name type="System.String">name3</Name></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

If You set this as the default value of the assigned variable You can test it in the preview of a start form:

Kind regards

Manfred

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: How to autopopulate a Repeating Section?

Jump to solution

Hi Manfred,

Thank you for your help!

I'm just not sure how i can connect this string variable to repeating section, because my repeating section is in item form, not in workflow form.

At the settings of repeating section control on item form, i have an option to connect to some variable but any variable is allowed to connect.

Can you advise me?

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos