updating k2 smart objects

• 29 August 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am new to K2. I changed a smart object to point to a new web service. I have verified that the new web service works with the smart object tester. However on restarting the k2 blakpearl server service the update  to the web service did not appear to take place. Is there anything else that I need to do to ensure the update takes place.

3 replies

Badge +3

What is your environment like?  Single k2 server or K2 Farm (multiple k2 servers load balanced)?  Or is this a K2 Dev Machine, local coding and development?

Badge +1

We have three environments, development, test and production I am experiencing this issue in test and production, each environment has a single K2 Server.

Badge +3

When you say I pointed a SmartObject to a new web service.  Is it a dynamic service broker, so you can specify the Web Service URL within the SmartObject tester.  If "Yes", if you deploy the SmartObject to the environment that should all you need.

If "No", then how are you changing the SmartObject to point to new web service?  Using the K2HostServer.config ?  Then yes, you would need to stop/start the K2 service for that change to take affect.  And then deploy the K2 SmartObject.

Did you create, code a Service Broker?  (new service broker, with new smart object) ?  Then more steps.