cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to assign a Flexi Task to a group using a group email box?

I am using a workflow for a forms review process that goes through a compliance area. They have a group email box that multiple users have access to.

When I set up the Flexi Task, I am sending the notification to the group email and have a SharePoint group with all of the users in it with approver permissions. They are not able to complete the task and get the following error:

Workflow Error.png

Anyone have success assigning Flexi Tasks to a group email before? Please help!!

Thanks,

Terry

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to assign a Flexi Task to a group using a group email box?

Nintex Workflow cannot use a group email.

You can use a group from Sharepoint or AD.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I thought that was the case. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

All,

I am trying to create a flexi task and assign it to an email address that 3 individuals have access to. They receive the email, however, they are not able to approve the task as they are not authorized to respond.

Any update on how this can work? Please advise. Thank you in advanced for your help!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Nintex workflow won't allow that. It is using the credentials of the email account to assign the task. You can assign the task to all three and make it so the first response applies. When one replies, the others will be notified that the task is complete.

For my users, I set up the tasks for all of them and then had the department set up Outlook rules to forward one (I think I did the department manager) to the group email and delete the others. This way they weren't all getting emails when the task was assigned. Have to be careful because when the person whose email is getting forwarded leaves the department or company, we will have to have them change the Outlook rules so tasks are not ignored. (Not the best solution for sure).

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

thank you for the information!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply