Fetch Originator's Manager full name in K2

• 24 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi All,

I understanc that K2 provides certain properties like Originator , Originator Email etc., Similarly , there is a property called Originator Manager. This property returns short name of Manager rather than Full Name of Originator's Manager.

I do not see any property which does it or is it ??

How do I get the full name of Originator's Manager ?? 

Note that I am using K2 for Sharepoint .

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Did you try to execute the AD user smartobject (GetUserDetails) and pass the originator manager field to return the display name?

I Have done this before in K2 studio but Im quite sure you can do it in the designer for SP.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

in Order to get the Originator manager name:

Lets  assume I want to transfer the manager dispaly name to a data field:

1- 13502i09FE9715EDB4B6AF.png

Badge +6

Thanks for the reply Mustafa.

I created a SMO and linked it to AD Service Object. I am able to execute the SMO through Service Tester utility. But I am not able to access / view the SMO in the context browser of the K2 workflow created on the SP application.

Note that I created the SMO  by clicking on New -> SMartObject from K2 designer for SP and this opened up K2 designer which allowed me to create the SMO.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Badge +6

Hi ,

I figured out the way to use the SMO in K2 designer for SP.

You have to click on the K2 blackpearl for Sharepoint link in your site. This opens up some kind of management page.

Click on Additional link

Then select the SMO you want to use

Then select the options like use by this site and subsites and voila the SMO appears in the Workflow Context.

I JUST LOVE EXPLORING K2

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Badge +6

Guys,

One small change .

Click on Smartobjects link rather than Management link (there is no such link) .

There is no option other than sites and subsites .

Thanks and Regards,

Satya