Flexi task reminder email to non-task recipient

• 17 November 2016
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi all,

I have a situation where I have a flexi task that has a group as the assignee. The flexi task also has reminder emails send to the assignees. However, the business has asked if the reminder emails can be sent to the requestor and the assignees cc'd in the reminder email.

As far as I can tell this cannot be done in a flex-task or other workflow action. Does anyone know of another way to send the reminder emails to recipients other than the assignees?

4 replies

Badge +10

You can create a separate workflow (site workflow) to monitor the status of the workflow task and you can send an email.

Or

you can schedule a workflow inside the workflow to start on a particular day

Badge +16

the reminder tab on the flexi task configuration has it's own email settings where you can specify people to cc - is that not an option?

Badge +2

Unfortunately no, because the group assigned to the flex-task do not want to receive the reminder email themselves. They only want the reminder email to go to the requestor

Badge +2

Thanks for that Sojan. I will look into the option for scheduling a workflow, within the workflow, to send the reminder email.