cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamsi1278
Nintex Newbie

How to Write Excel Data to SharePoint list  using Nintex workflow in SharePoint 2013 ?

Jump to solution

I used query excel services and able to retrieve the data.How can i post them to the SharePoint list ? 

I got all the values stored in a variable and i used create item action to post the data. I tested this scenario and i am getting only the first value of the excel in the list.

Example :-  In query Excel Service i mentioned cell to retrieve as A1 : A482 and stored the result in a collection variable.How should i post the values in the SharePoint list?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to Write Excel Data to SharePoint list  using Nintex workflow in SharePoint 2013 ?

Jump to solution

How are you posting the results?  Are you updating a single field on a list item?  Are you creating a new item for each entry retrieved?  Please be specific.

chaitra_b_c
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to Write Excel Data to SharePoint list  using Nintex workflow in SharePoint 2013 ?

Jump to solution

Can you please share some screenshots?

vamsi1278
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This is screenshot of how i did. Currently i am updating single field in the list.I  am confused about creating a new item for each entry retrieved. 

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

If you're wanting to put the results into a single field, have your tried using a multi-text field?  The title field is a single line of text.

vamsi1278
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried with multi text and the result is same. I want each row as a single item. if there are 400 rows i want them in list as 400 items. I am missing something  in the workflow.

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ok, in that case you need to use a For Each to loop through the collection and create an item for each one.

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

What's the purpose of the parallel action, and what are each of your collection operations doing?  Can you post a screen shot of the data from Excel you're trying to retrieve?

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Also, how are you creating the item?  Can you post a screen shot of that setup?

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

In your screen shot of your workflow you have a For Each action, as well as parallel Collection actions.  What are those doing?  How are you generating the information that is in the variables "FirstValue, SecondValue, etc."?

0 Kudos