Performing Partial Work on An Event/Action

• 20 September 2008
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

We are building a complaint process that allows members to register complaints and employees to do so on member's behalf.  Initially the process splits depending on source.  If from the web, the process fires a client event item to someone in the online support role.  If from branch or phone, the process fires a client event item to the originator.  The idea here is that you manage the issue until someone takes it off of your plate - no "passing the buck". 

Now that the item is on someone's task list I want to be able to do one of the following:

• Allow the worker to update notes on that item through an action with a smart object that talks to our crm system, without dropping the item from their task list
  • Allow the worker to notify someone for help.  An action with a mail event would take the email address supplied by the worker and send the client event link to the employee of their choice. The client event can be completed by anyone box is checked.   
  • Allow the employee of choice mentioned above to "pick up" the work item and have it transferred to their task list.
  • Complete the item

In all of the first three bullets I want to retain the item on the original worker's task list, while still leveraging K2 to handle the actions described above.

Any ideas on how I can map this with K2?

Thanks,

Jason

2 replies

Badge +4
Using delegation and update actions (not complete/finish actions) you should be able to achieve this.
Badge +3

Jey,

Thanks, but sorry - kinda new to k2.  Can you give me a little more direction?   I know what you mean by update actions vs finish actions, but they don't create lines to kick off other actions... or do they?