Does K2 Workspace support MAC PC with IE 5.2?

• 20 April 2006
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
One customer said after login, they can see nothing in IE5.2 running on MAC PC.

5 replies

Badge +11
I'm not 100% sure about the MAC PC but what I am absolutely sure about is that we ONLY support IE 6.0 and higher.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +9
Hi Karon,

K2.net Workspace is only supported on IE 6 and above on the windows platform. It has not been tested on the Mac platform for any IE versions.

The other issue is that IE on Mac is no longer supported by MS (http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/internetexplorer/internetexplorer.aspx?pid=internetexplorer). I would think a custom worklist approach would provide a more flexible option if your customer requires support for IE on Mac.

I hope this information helps you.

Cheers,

Johnny
Badge +3
Thanks, johnny.

After I test, if you want to use all functions properly of K2 Workspace, client machine software suggesting requirements are:
1 Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or above on Microsoft Windows OS

2 .net framework 1.1 (this is necessary for "View Flow" function), without this, user cannot view flow, they can only view a red "X" instead of the image of flow. Also, K2 provide another solution if client don't want to install .net framework on his client machine, a additional "image view flow" componant (the exact name i am not sure), with this componant, even without .net framework installed on client machine, user can view image flow:)

Also, K2 Workspace work improperly on Mac IE, I have tested the following: Mac OX 9 with IE5 and Mac OX 10 with IE5.2, none of them work prpoerly. Someone suggest to use other browser such as "M???", otherwise, provide a simple Workspace using our code is a good idea.

Still a question now, does K2 workspace support Windows 98 with IE6? I have no time to test it, if someone met this problem, please tell me you result, thanks much.

Regards,
karon
Badge +11
Does K2 workspace support Windows 98 with IE6?
Yes, although a long time ago (almost 2 years), I have seen this work.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +3
The better Sourcecode has more detail reference document, such as K2WorkSpace client software requirements :roll:

Also , thanks all, so kind of you.

Regerds,
karon.