When Dropdownlist is changed then populate dropdownlist2 list control with data

• 24 December 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello All,

could you please give me one complete example on populating the dropdownlist 2 based on dropdownlist 1 changed.

13460iB7ACD396DBC71432.png

2 replies

Badge +10

Sure.  Here is one.  There are others as well.  Just search on cascading dropdown list.  The key is configuring the option to filter the data based on another contro.l

http://www.dotnetsharepoint.com/2016/06/create-cascading-drop-down-list-in-k2.html

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear,

Since i got no k2 machine right now to give you the demonstration with photos , but ill try to demonstrate it as much as i can and explain how to accomplish your request properly with an example.

lets say i have 2 drop down lists , first is for countries and second for cities .

for the first one, you simply configure the data source as smart object to retrieve the countries .

for the second drop down list you will configure the data source as smart object for cities , but one more thing to configure is "filter data according to another control"

16222i4A5FE2F686E73113.jpg

and you will set the first drop down list as parent control .

parent join property should be the ID for first drop down list .

and child join property should be the foreign key referencing the first drop down list ID

Countries (ID:1 , Name:Jordan ; ID:2, Name:United States)

Cities (ID:1, Name:Amman, ParentID:1 ; ID:2, Name:California, ParentID:2)

so when you choose Jordan from first drop down list , the second drop down list will be populated with amman and any other cities you got in that smart obejct.

so basicly configuring these steps will generate a rule automatically saying "when drop downlist is changed" which is for the first drop down list , then inside that rule u will find an action saying "populate second drop down list".

Hope it helps!

Regards.