Ninte flexi task approval

Badge +3

Hi All,

I am perplexed with the way Nintex flexi task approvals are working. I had few users which does lazy approval. But recently the requirement changed and i had to give them permission to approve by clicking on task.

I tried giving them following permissions, 

I gave contribute access to workflow task list

I gave Contribute access to the list on which the workflow is running.

I hope this was sufficient. But my approvers were not able to approve it until i gave them read access to the site. I don't think it's the recommended way, because that was a private departmental site.

Can anybody help me on clearing my doubt. 

3 replies

Badge +16

they need to have permissions to the site itself - I think read to the site is sufficient, but it might be contribute.

Badge +3

Hi Cassy, Thank you for your reply. 

So you mean to say like,

Read permission in Site

Contribute in Workflow tasks

Contribute in list where workflow is running

If it's so, i don;t think it's consistent. I have seen people approving it just by giving permission at the workflow task level.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

in general, to access list/list items site permissions are not needed. permissions to the list and items are sufficient.

so you should be able to access source list and task list.

however, with workflow tasks access to some further (hidden) pages/lists/libraries/etc are needed, which are by default granted with site permissions.

so you might have seen to approve tasks without having site permission, but these tasks likely were not created with workflow but as simple workflow task items. in that case you could navigate to task list and "approve" the task - meaning to change its status and completeness.

maybe it could be possible to investigate step by step what are these further needed objects, but I don't see it worth of it.